Adults have different needs and expectations than “traditional” students who are enrolling right after high school.
Join us May 18-19, 2020 for the Adult Learner Institute.
Learn from experts and each other how to best serve adult learners. Explore proven methods to increase access, facilitate success, and remove barriers to your students achieving their goals!
Early Bird, prior to 11:59 p.m., Monday, April 6th, 2020
- BOTH days: $50
- SINGLE day: $25
Regular, April 7th and AFTER
- BOTH days: $60
- SINGLE day: $30
Workshop Presenter: Fee waived
Call for Proposals
Call for Proposals for Future Focus 20/20: Supporting Adult Learners
Would you like to share ideas, programs, successes, and/or challenges? If so, we want to hear your story! Workshop presenters will have fees waived.
The call for proposals closes on Monday, March 2.
We are seeking sessions on the following topics:
- Developing Adult-Based Programs
- Collaborating with Workforce Service Providers
- Advising Adult Learners
- Promoting Credit for Prior Learning (CPL)
- Teaching the Adult Student
- Focusing on Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
- Innovating with College Readiness
- Developing Corrections/Reentry Programs
- Supporting the Needs of Veterans
We have a variety of session lengths planned:
- 30 minutes – for poster sessions, round table discussions, or Birds of a Feather. Birds of a Feather are informal gatherings of like-minded individuals who wish to discuss a certain topic without a pre-planned agenda. These are a great place to meet with members of the community with similar interests.
- 50 minutes – for workshops and presentations
- 90 minutes – for program overviews or more in-depth workshops
To prepare for submission, you will need:
- A mini-bio for yourself
- Proposal presentation/workshop title
- Information about your session: overview, outcome(s), and activity
- A description for the program and website
- Length of session
- Head shot for our website
Please call the AmericInn by May 3, 2020 to get the attendance discount. Discount can not be applied with online reservations.
AmericInn by Wyndham Inver Grove
5861 Blaine Avenue
Inver Grove Heights, MN, 55076
Cost: $92.65 + tax
Block name: 2020 Adult Learner Institute
- Hotel Location Map (in relation to DCTC and Inver Hills)
- Inver Hills Campus Map
- Dakota County Technical College Campus Map
Planning Committee Members:
- Brenda Lyseng, Title III Grant Project Director
- Monica Ibarra, Title III Grant Coordinator
- Aria Kronebusch, Title III Grant Coordinator
- Marie Lindloff, Title III Graduate Assistant
- Kendrah Pearson, IHCC/DCTC Credit for Prior Learning Director
- Jan Austad, Associate Dean of Career Programs, IHCC
- Mary Beth Lakin, CPLAN Director, Metropolitan State University
- Jess Lee Niebuhr, Senior Manager for Strategic Partnerships and “All Learning Counts” Director, Minnesota State
- Shelly Auldrich, MN Reconnect Program Manager, Minnesota State
- Eva Scates-Winston, Career and Technical Education Equity Specialist, Minnesota State
We want to acknowledge the various partners that are making the Adult Learner Institute possible: